FSWP Occupation List 2014 has been released
Today, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) released new list of 50 Occupations being eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) starting w.e.f May 1st.
Also, CIC announced a cap of 25,000 for new FSWP applications including a sub-cap of 1000 applications for each eligible occupation. So, the quicker your application is prepared and filed, the maximum chances you will have to get Canadian Immigration.
What is minimum eligibility criteria for Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)?
- At least 1 year experience in any of the Skilled Occupation List 2014-15,
- Have 6 band in each module of IELTS, and;
- Obtain 67 points based upon your education, experience, English ability and adaptability.
Before proceeding towards VISA application, you must need to get your education assessed by relevant assessing authority. This is required for all who completed their education outside Canada. The assessing authority is Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
Here is the list of occupations:
- Overall cap of 25,000 applications in eligible occupations stream
- Cap of 500 applications for PhD eligibility stream
- No limit on applicants who have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer
- Sub-caps of 1,000 applications for each of the 50 eligible occupations below (their 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC) code is included in brackets):
- Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services (0013)
- Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c. (0015)
- Financial managers (0111)
- Human resources managers (0112)
- Purchasing managers (0113)
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers (0121)
- Managers in health care (0311)
- Construction managers (0711)
- Home building and renovation managers (0712)
- Managers in natural resources production and fishing (0811)
- Manufacturing managers (0911)
- Financial auditors and accountants (1111)
- Financial and investment analysts (1112)
- Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers (1113)
- Other financial officers (1114)
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations (1123)
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers (1212)
- Property administrators (1224)
- Geoscientists and oceanographers (2113)
- Civil engineers (2131)
- Mechanical engineers (2132)
- Electrical and electronics engineers (2133)
- Petroleum engineers (2145)
- Information systems analysts and consultants (2171)
- Database analysts and data administrators (2172)
- Software engineers and designers (2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (2174)
- Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians (2232)
- Construction estimators (2234)
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (2241)
- Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics (2243)
- Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety (2263)
- Computer network technicians (2281)
- Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors (3011)
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (3012)
- Specialist physicians (3111)
- General practitioners and family physicians (3112)
- Dietitians and nutritionists (3132)
- Audiologists and speech-language pathologists (3141)
- Physiotherapists (3142)
- Occupational therapists (3143)
- Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists (3214)
- Medical radiation technologists (3215)
- Medical sonographers (3216)
- Licensed practical nurses (3233)
- Paramedical occupations (3234)
- University professors and lecturers (4011)
- Psychologists (4151)
- Early childhood educators and assistants (4214)
- Translators, terminologists and interpreters (5125)
To avoid any possible error in your visa application, you should avail services of a professional immigration consultant. Exon Immigration can steer you by giving you a vivid perspective of the immigration process, your options and the steps to take.
After meeting with us or using our online interview option, you will have a better understanding about your detailed immigration perspective.
Meet us personally to discuss your every concern about your unique immigration situation and to give you a breakdown of your options.