Australian and Canadian Spouse Visa Rules and Useful Information

People are moving to Australia and Canada in big count every day. Even Canadians had to close the applications several times because they were not in the position to get more people from all over the world. Lots of people apply. Not all of them get immigration. Australia and Canada have the specific count of migrants every year. Those who migrate fall in several categories. All of the categories have further sub categories. They include student visas, spouse visa, skilled worker visa and many more. Spouse visa has its own importance because every other person wants to move along with the partner for a smooth life until there are some social or economicglitches.


Australia also allows you to keep your spouse with you. There are several classes to apply for a spouse visa. They include subclass 820 and 801 for people who live in Australia. Also, subclasses 309, 100, 300, etc., or for those who are not living in Australia. They come from outside the country. That country can be any country where they allow migrants to move in. Class 820 is for a temporary visa for your spouse and 801 is for a permanent visa. This is valid for those who wish to invite their partner from outside Australia but they themselves stay within Australia. For those who wish to move from outside Australia with their partners, subclass 309 is for temporary visa and 100 is for a permanent visa. The prospective marriage visa is granted under subclass 300 if the spouse is already in Australia. You can then move and apply for partner visa.

There is a complete visa fee for your partner. If you are married and having children, you need to pay for each child. Similarly, you have to buy tickets for each person who is moving to Australia with you. So, this is not a small decision of life. Migration is a huge decision. Countries like Malaysia don’t allow dual nationalities, so they have to leave their Malaysian nationality and apply for any other nationality. For such countries, the decision is harder than any.


Spouse visa rules were revised in October 2012 by the Canadian Immigration Department. The partner must live for two years after applying for permanent visa and getting PR. After two years, the spouse will also get migrant status. But, only people with permanent residence or immigration can sponsor their spouses. This is possible if the sponsoring partner is 18 years of age minimum. This rule also applies to dependent children. So, if you want your children to live with you, you can call them through a PR application.

It is must that you show enough resources to sponsor and support your children or spouse in Canada. Canada has its own income guideline. You have to comply with that if you want to support your sponsors in Canada. Sometimes it happens that people call their close relatives to stay with them in Canada, but later on, they become ineligible to support them. In such situation, their relatives have no way except asking the Canadian government for their financial needs. The person who sponsored them will not be allowed to call any other person in Canada in the future.

The rules are the same. There is a certain visa fee and the ticket expanses for each person moving to Canada for PR.